Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Snorkeling Adventures (once again, forgot to post it)

I have decided that I need to take advantage of my time in Hawaii, so if that means going out alone and exploring without Nathan, than I need to do that. So, I decided I was going to go to Hanauma Bay which is THE place to go snorkeling here on Oahu. This place has an address so I can add it to my GPS system so... it's perfect. I think I'm scared of getting lost, hence why I don't like to just go out and explore but I'm slowly starting to get over this. Anyways, so I went there with my beach bag in hand, snorkel gear, and straw laying mat. I find a spot, lay down and after a while decide I am going to go snorkel. I loved just seeing all these amazing fish swimming all around me. But for whatever reason my mask wasn't sealing well because I changed the strap to it and water kept leaking in. So I had to keep clearing my mask several times while I was in the water. Trying not to step on the coral below me and trying to fix my masks while floating is kind of difficult I found out. Anyways, I decided to go to the shallow end one of the times to adjust my mask and this time I decided to step on the sand as this was much easier. I put my mask back on and look down to the water to see that to the side of me is a rock with an EEL just starring at me. This freaked me out at first as I could have easily stepped on this eel because it was so close to me. That would have not been a good situation... yikes. After way too many times of having to adjust my mask and getting irritated, I decided to clear it one last time. Well, this last time did end up being the last time because I lost one of my contact in the water! Anyone who knows me well, I am sooo blind without my contacts. Luckily, I only lost one or else there is no way I could have driven, like NO WAY. So, I swam back and drove back with only one contact in my eye. I made it back... after much panic.

No comments: