Monday, October 6, 2008

Birthday Part II









So the day before my birthday we went to that wonderful luau but my birthday was not over. Nathan had something else planned which of course was another surprise because Nathan just loves surprises. I had mentioned to Nathan about this restaurant in Waikiki that has a large aquarium that I wanted to go to. He decided to get in contact with my cousin and her husband and their new baby boy to join us. He knew being away from my family had been tough on me so he decided that having some family around for my birthday would put a smile on my face, which it did.


So, we went to the Oceanarium Restaurant and sat next to the aquarium. It was so awesome to just see all these fish and rays swimming around. We enjoyed the scrumptious buffet. Then towards the end of our meal, a kid with scuba gear goes inside the aquarium holding a sign saying "Happy Birthday Bambina" and comes towards the table and leaves the sign there. Nathan always calls me Bambina so it obviously was prearranged, it was sweet. Then, our waiter comes over with a small crew to sing me Happy Birthday. He reads the sign confused as to what my name was and told him my name was Natalie. But even then... the serenade was funny because he could hardly pronounce my name, it was cute. Anyways, I got a cute cupcake and blew a candle for my 24th birthday!

No comments: